A state is a geographic and political type of region which is governed by people. There are many states in a country, each state describing a group of people of a particular culture or geography. Different geographical and political states of the world are governed by different governing bodies and different groups of people.
|A picture of states in a country.|
Types of States
There are different types of geo-political states in the world. Some of the types of states are presented below:
Federal States - states which self-govern themselves are called federal states.
Sovereign States - states which self-govern themselves like independent entities are called sovereign states.
Republic States - states which are supported by different levels of people-representatives are called republic states.
Monarchial States - states which are governed by royal hierarchies or monarchies are called monarchial states.
Municipal States - states which are governed by the governing body of a country are called municipal states.
Features of States
States can be assigned with different roles. Some of the features of states are presented below:
- States are formed by elected representatives by the governing bodies of a country.
- States are formed to group communities of people together and to make them easier to manage.
- States have surface area, geographical features, distinct weather patterns, and unique flora and fauna.
Benefits of States
Forming states can present some benefits. Some of the benefits of states are listed below:
- Forming states can help organize people better.
- States can be governed using any type of government.
- States can be created to fulfil a specific purpose or represent a community or culture.
Doubts of States
Forming states can present some doubts. Some of the doubts of states are listed below:
- Forming states could divide people based on their culture and communities.
- States may not contain all the resources needed to sustain a population within the state.
- Political states may depend on other states and other countries to fulfil their resource needs.
Geo-political states can be visited by travelling to the choice of state on a holiday list. Each state in the world presents modes of transport like land, air, water, and rail to travel in the state. Each state has something unique and different about it in terms of culture, flora, fauna, cuisine, geography, and structures and so much more. Which states have you visited in the world today?
Related Links About States
Feel free to visit, share, and learn more about states:
- States on Facebook
- States on Twitter
- States on LinkedIn
- States on Google Plus
- States on Tumblr
- States on Pinterest
- States on Patreon