Calendars are devices which determine the time, in terms of revolutions of the planet around itself, and around its star. There are different types of calendars in the world today. Calendars were created in ancient times to track the seasons of the year and to plan a better life for one and all. Calendars organize time in days, weeks, months, and years.
|A picture of a calendar.|
Features of CalendarsA calendar is a system of organizing dates of time in a year. Some of the features of calendars are presented below:
- Calendars contain days, weeks, and months of a year.
- Calendars inform us of the different moments of the year, using numbers and alphabets.
- Some calendars may contain holidays in the year that are specific to a national perimeter or a regional area.
Benefits of CalendarsPeriods in a calendar are based on the revolution of the planet. Some of the benefits of calendars are listed below:
- Calendars help us plan our time effectively.
- Using calendars can help civilizations plan their growth on a yearly, monthly, weekly, and everyday basis.
- Calendars help us keep track of the various seasons and seasonal joys that appear in the world we live in.
Doubts of CalendarsThere are so many types of calendars that only the most popular ones are followed today. Some of the doubts of calendars are listed below:
- Calendars are only effective on the planet they are represented for.
- While calendars can tell us what day it is, they cannot tell us what time it is.
- Calendars may cost money to buy so people can use them to plan their time.