Journalism involves producing and distributing reports of events that happen in time. Journalism may involve publishing reports of information on an everyday basis, a weekly basis, on a monthly basis, and any other period of time. Journalism requires finding and gathering information from various sources to prepare accurate reports of events that could affect the social communities we live in.
|A picture of toy models expressing journalism in action.|
Types of JournalismThere are different ways in which journalism can be represented using information and media. Some of the types of journalism are presented below:
Active Journalism - Journalism that involves gathering news and information, for distribution, at regular intervals in time is known as Active Journalism.
Passive Journalism - Journalism that involves gathering news and information, for distribution, during leisurely intervals in time is known as Passive Journalism.
Event-Based or Eventual Journalism - Journalism that involves gathering news and information, for distribution, for particular events in time is known as Event-Based or Eventual Journalism.
Topic-Based or Topical Journalism - Journalism that involves gathering news and information, for distribution, for particular topics of interest is known as Topic-Based or Topical Journalism.
Features of JournalismJournalism involves keeping journals of events in time. Some of the features of journalism are presented below:
- Journalism requires making notes on events that happen in time.
- People who follow journalism as a profession or a hobby are known as Journalists.
- Journalism is all about recognizing events that impact the everyday lives of social cultures and social communities.
Benefits of JournalismJournalism can be used to present news and information in many types. Some of the benefits of journalism are listed below:
- Journalism provides employment to a good number of people around the world.
- The activity of journalism can make events appear sensational to create entertaining information.
- Journalism helps inform people of changes that could affect them and the communities that they live in.
Doubts of JournalismJournalism can present some disadvantages in the world. Some of the doubts of journalism are listed below:
- Journalism could contain bias and present news that's not reliable or trustworthy.
- The process of journalism may present news too soon or too late to be of any use to the people.
- Journalism requires reporters to report events from around the world and is not automatically derived from statistics.
Learning JournalismThe subject of journalism can be studied from the nearest advanced education center in your area. News agencies and research commissions are great places to find journalists and reporters for inspiration. Journalism helps people learn about gathering, presenting, and distributing information from trusted sources to people they care about. What types of journalism did you read about today?
Related Links About JournalismFeel free to visit, share, and learn more about journalism:
- Journalism on Facebook
- Journalism on Twitter
- Journalism on LinkedIn
- Journalism on Google Plus
- Journalism on Tumblr
- Journalism on Pinterest
- Journalism on Patreon