Archaeology is a type of social science which represents the study of human activity by recovering artifacts and historical material. Archaeology is commonly associated, by many children, with the study of dinosaurs and dinosaur bones, or fossils, while pre-historic archaeology is one of the many types of archaeology. Different types of archaeology are being informed, around the world, in many different educational institutions and learning centers.
|A picture of historic archaeology.|
Types of Archaeology
There are different types of archaeology. Some of the types of archaeology are listed below:
Pre-historic Archaeology - the study of activity before recorded periods in human history is called Pre-historic Archaeology.
Historic Archaeology - the study of human activity during recorded periods in human history is called Historic Archaeology.
Ethnographic Archaeology - the study of human activity with regard to social, cultural, and economic activities is called Ethnographic Archaeology.
Experimental Archaeology - the study of human activity using controlled observations, in experimental scenario, is called Experimental Archaeology.
Features of Archaeology
Archaeology can be customized to study a particular topic of historical recovery. Some of the features of archaeology are listed below:
- Archaeology is a type of social science.
- Archaeology involves excavations, fossils, digging, and surveying.
- Archaeological records consist of historical artifacts, biofacts, and ecofacts.
Benefits of Archaeology
The study of archaeology can present many benefits. Some of the benefits of archaeology include:
- The study of archaeology brings knowledge about cultures and civilizations from the past.
- Archaeology can help preserve things from the past, for future generations to learn about.
- It is through the study of archaeology that museum displays are created, and museums are built.
Doubts of Archaeology
The study of archaeology can present doubts, as well. Some of the doubts of archaeology include:
- Archaeology is not a highly profitable profession to follow.
- Archaeology involves escalating costs for excavations and material retrieval.
- Some items, which are studied by archaeologists, may become very difficult to obtain.
Archaeology can be studied from the nearest higher or advanced education center in your area. Many learning centers around the world teach archaeology as a subject of study. Archaeology helps preserve our past, so that future generations of our species can learn about us. What do you know about archaeology?
Related Links About Archaeology
Feel free to visit, share, and learn more about archaeology:
- Archaeology on Facebook
- Archaeology on Twitter
- Archaeology on LinkedIn
- Archaeology on Google Plus
- Archaeology on Tumblr
- Archaeology on Pinterest
- Archaeology on Patreon